Tuesday, August 9, 2016

perspective art

We are learning about perspective, perspective is when something is really big in front of you but if you walk further away and look behind you it is really small. In class we did some art  to show perspective. In this art the road is the main part of perspective because the further away it gets the thinner it is.

We drew a road shaped as a  triangle disappearing in the dictince (distance). With trees all along the side and under the trees there is some long orange, brown and yellow flax placed at the bottom of the tree and up in the sky there are seven stars for Matariki. To create it I used  pastelsfor the sky I used 4 different blues. Something I found challenging was making the stars look like stars because it was hard to make them the right size and because it was hard to make the line straight and like 3D.

Something I really liked about my art is the trees along the side of the road and how they are different coulers (colours).



3 comments:

  1. that looks like I am walking on a path

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Ashley it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the way you explained perspective in your own words Ashley.
    Your pastel picture is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete